Words by @_thekylejones
Codependence and attachment are necessary for survival in between birth and twenty-eight months. These behaviors continue throughout teenage years. If these behaviors are never seen as unhealthy, they'll lead to abusive, self-abandoning and dysfunctional relationships as an adult.
If you're smart, you'll refuse to blame parents for the way you've learned to love. Instead, you'll start reconstructing your love life by establishing the following beliefs about relationships:
1. There's no love without self-love.
2. Codependence, neediness and attachment aren't love. They are childhood fears.
3. I am free to be myself in my relationship. Any partner who attempts to change me doesn't deserve to be part of my experience.
4. I am free to feel and communicate my emotions.
5. I am not obligated to fix my partner or take responsibility for his or her pain.
6. I will not stay with someone who manipulates me, cheats on me or starts taking my presence for granted.
7. A relationship is about growth, learning and healing. A relationship is not about security, comfort and belonging.
8. I deserve a healthy relationship, no matter how long I remain single before finding a healthy partner.
9. I am free to make my own decisions.
10. I don't need my partner to feel loved, peace and happiness. These are feelings I am obligated to create for myself.
11. I have the right to say NO when I feel like.
12. I have the right to say YES when I feel like.
13. I have to be vulnerable and keep past heartbreaks from ruining new relationships.
14. I will put my needs before my partner's.
15. I should have boundaries before and during the relationship.
16. I will never stop developing myself, healing myself and loving myself - even if my partner isn't doing the same towards him or herself.
17. A relationship isn't a need, but a want.
18. I have the right to leave the relationship when it's no longer serving me.
Save this post and read these beliefs every day until they become part of you. You'll see lasting changes in your love relationships and friendships.
Thanks for reading 🌙 - #regrann
La oficina de la Madre Mercedes es el centro de reunión general de los abuelitos que deambulan y quieren estar junto a ella. Unos sillones rojos y cuadros de Jesús ornamentan su oficina y adornan sus tertulias.