Ladies, I’d like to share something I have to remind myself of daily. This is inspired by something I’ve seen way too much of on social media, and I’ve been guilty of doing it to. ❕Stop apologizing for the way the you look.❕ Stop apologizing for having acne, or scars, or frizzy hair, or chipped nails, or a wrinkled shirt, or weight gain, or hair on your arms, or unkept eyebrows, or split ends, or not wearing makeup, the list goes on. There’s a lot of pressure on women in general to look a certain way, and the sad part is some of us women FEED INTO IT. I’m not doing that. Not taking pictures with friends or fam because it’s not a good hair day? Or because we have no makeup on? No. 🙅🏼♀️ I will NOT apologize for being imperfect. Will the mean comments roll in? Maybe. But the older I get, the less I care 🤷🏼♀️
We can be confident because God created us in a unique way, so that means comparing ourselves to someone else is silly. We weren’t meant to be like anyone else- that’s the best part. I’m just me, you’re just you. Let’s take care of ourselves the best we can and be content with that. But don’t let anyone else decide what your standard of beauty is supposed to look like. If you decide to do the same, feel free to add your thoughts on a post, please use hashtag 👉🏼 #joybeforeher 💕
Good Morning ☀️
I’m using protective styles all week long, why?
1. I’ve been very lazy and super tired.
2. It’s best to tuck your curls away during winter to prevent breakage from weather.
3. Underneath the twist and bun are some hydrating products and oils.
4. Prepping my curls for Orlando next week 😉
Products: @bymadebeautiful Hydrating Masque + @traderjoes Coconut Oil 🥥
-✨June 2017. That day I just decided to leave my hair “curly” after wash it to see how it looked... you can see it was a BIG mess! 🤦🏽♀️ Of course, after it, I ran to the salon to stretch it. I kept that mess for three more months until started to go all natural 💇🏽♀️. Well... still a mess right now but not that bad 😆. •
• -✨Junio 2017. Ese día decidí dejarme el pelo “rizado” después de lavármelo para ver como se veía... como puedes ver, fue un desastre! 🤦🏽♀️. Por supuesto, después de eso corrí a la peluquería/salón a alisármelo. Mantuve ese desastre por tres meses más hasta que decidí dejar mi pelo natural 💇🏽♀️. Bueno... ahora sigue siendo un desastre pero no tan exagerado 😆.