Berries are a great way to add in a touch of sweetness to your diet. Why? Well, let me tell you 5 ✋🏽reasons why!
1. Loaded with antioxidants - antioxidants keep free radicals (normal by product of metabolism - good in limited quantity but bad in excessive amounts) under control.
2. High in fiber which means their net carb content is low 👍🏽
3. High nutritional profile, especially strawberries.
4. Strong anti-inflammatory properties. Modern lifestyles lead to excessive inflammation and berries can help combat that.
5. Can be enjoyed on nearly all types of diets - even people on #lowcarb or #Keto diets can usually enjoy berries in moderation
Doesn’t that list make eating berries sound a 1,000 times more enjoyable? As if berries need five more excuses to eat them. So, go out and enjoy berry season this summer! Find a berry farm and do a U-Pick with friends and family. You’ll kill two birds with one stone - exercise while focusing on healthy food!
Why settle for banana split when you can have churros split! 🤤 Checked out Vida Dulce in Cary this evening to beat the heat with a scoop of ice cream or three. 🍡 They specialize in fruitscicles and ice creams, predominantly Mexican dessert specialties. The churros were filled with caramel sauce and made us do a happy dance in a single bite. They have tons of vegan flavors too. They also have very instagrammable rolled ice cream and ice cream taco. We can’t wait to go back again and try more of these delicacies. @vidadulcenc #churros#churrossplit
Tomato Taiwanese Beef Noodles ($98)
This bowl of Tomato Beef noodle was hearty and comforting. The chunky beef was well braised to a palatable tender bite, the noodle was springy and chewy. The broth was the definitely the star of the bowl, it was fragrant with strong beef and herbal taste.
📍G/F, 27 Hollywood Road, Soho, Central